Database EngineerNairobi City, Nairobi Salary Negotiable
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sectors: IT Jobs
- Posted By: Xelpha Health on Friday, July 29, 2022
Apply before Saturday, September 10, 2022, 22 Days leftApply For This Job
Job alert created
Qualification Level: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 5 years
This position is what you make it — and the sky’s the limit. For starters, you’ll be responsible for the evolution of our data. We have terabytes of data and are adding more all the time. So be ready to design and evolve our schema, streamline our data operations, and help tune the database for peak performance. You’ll be the conduit between our engineers and scientists, and our systems and our data. Think of yourself as the gatekeeper between ideas and execution. And this is only the starting point. Whether you want to know more about the specific details of your systems or the leadership opportunities we offer, you’ll have the chance to build your skills and knowledge base from day one. First things first.
Our top prospect will bring these skills to the table:
- Strong SQL expertise.
- You can write a query to do almost anything.
- Postgres server administration experience.
- You also have the basics of running Postgres SQL Server — users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and that sort of thing.
- Ability to create SQL reports.
- Database tuning experience.
- Help us make our database faster by running diagnostics and doing query optimization and other performance tuning.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- You can address bugs with QA, plan schemas with engineering, and respond quickly to other business needs.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- ETL experience is a plus.
Apply before Saturday, September 10, 2022, 22 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.Apply For This Job
More IT Jobs in Nairobi